The Civic Community Award
Every year we invite proposals for a project or a property that warrants consideration for a Civic Award.
The criteria for making such an award is:
- To encourage and reward projects which are considered, in the previous twelve-month period, to have improved the appearance of Broadstairs and St.Peter's. The scope is intended to cover new buildings, restoration and conversions, but not re-decoration alone. And community projects that reflect a broader understanding of the heritage elements of our town.
Recipients of the award are presented with a plaque which they can fix externally to their property or display internally.
Recent winners of the award are:
- 2017 - 19 Dumpton Park Drive - Architectural extension to the North side of the property.
- 2018 - The Pavilion Youth and Community Cafe, St Peter's Recreation Ground - Restoration of derelict Pavilion.
- 2018 - The Thirty-Nine Steps Brewhouse, 11-13 Charlotte Street - Externaland internal restoration work.
- 2022 - The Broadstairs Harbour and Seafront CIC - works undertaken to the harbour and seafront areas.
- 2022 - The first Community Action Award presented to the Gardening Group of the Town Team.
Nominees for 2023/24 Award
This year for the first time we will set up a public vote so the community gets to choose. The nominees will be announced between September 2023 and February 2024. Then a public vote will take place via our Facebook page. As nominees are proposed we will add details here.
Our first two are: